If there is a war on sugar then consider me a foot soldier. Sugar addiction is a real thing.
Chances are you’re addicted and don’t even realize it. Don’t believe me? Try avoiding sugar for 2 days and notice how many times you will justify it’s okay to eat something sweet.
The biggest challenge with sugar addiction vs. other addictions is that sugar is everywhere. It takes a high level of focus and determination to give it up and remove it from our diet.
Here are my top 5 hacks to break free from sugar addiction:
1. Eat 3 meals a day with a focus on healthy fats: egg yolks, butter, coconut oil, olive oil, grass-fed beef, and wild caught fish.
2. If you feel hungry, eat something with fat like nuts, cheese, avocado, and sardines.
3. Keep yourself well hydrated. Sip water throughout the day.
4. Go to the grocery store with a full stomach. Shopping while hungry causes us to make poor choices because our brain is looking for quick fuel, like sugar.
5. Breath through the temptation. Review your justifications that want you to have something sweet and anchor yourself to your health goals.
After you break your sugar addiction, your food will taste better, your skin will glow, your energy will increase and your sleep will improve. Then when you approach sugar it becomes more of a choice verse and an automatic response.